More and more organizations are adopting the emerging technology practice called robotic process automation (RPA) to streamline enterprise operations and reduce costs. With RPA, businesses can automate mundane rules-based business processes, enabling business users to devote more time to serving customers or other higher-value work. Experts see RPA as a stopgap en-route to intelligent automation (IA) via machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) tools, which can be trained to make judgments about future outputs.
Here ThoughtStorm looks at what robotic process automation really is, and how organizations can make the most of RPA in alignment with business goals.
What is RPA?
RPA is an application of technology, governed by business logic and structured inputs, aimed at automating business processes. Using RPA tools, a company can configure software, or a “robot,” to capture and interpret applications for processing a transaction, manipulating data, triggering responses, and communicating with other digital systems. RPA scenarios range from something as simple as generating an automatic response to an email to deploying thousands of bots, each programmed to automate jobs in an ERP system.
Top 5 Benefits of RPA
- Increase Productivity– Most of the robots made from the RPA system are fully focused on specific tasks. The time saving done with the help of robots makes that worker more productive and that, in turn, will support future cost avoidance. With process automation, the business will enjoy a boost in its productivity.
- Increased Efficiency– Robotic Process Automation (RPA) automates repetitive tasks of the employees, eliminating manual processes and the possibility of making mistakes. Employees can dedicate their freed up time to more value-creating work such as customer service and revenue generation.
- Enhanced Security– As the bot performs only the single tasks, there is no worry of information leakage from one part to another. Here, the data accesses are well controlled and documented.
- Improved Analytics– RPA technologies allow organizations to gather data about task execution that can be employed for analytical purposes. Work volume patterns, cycle times, errors and exceptions are few of them. Perceptions attained from such analysis can benefit in several ways like supporting process improvement initiatives. When data is efficiently gathered, compared, and differentiated to data gathered in other fields, it permits for better decision making on the micro as well as macro levels. In addition, the company can determine gaps where the business processes could be further streamlined to enhance efficiency.
- Enhanced Customer Service– Most of the companies today can have a hard time to meet the highly varied customer demands. However, in an RPA adopted company, where the routine, repetitive and dull tasks are handed over to the robots, so the employees can better concentrate on customer care. With the skilled and proficient workers, the companies can address the customer needs. Moreover, they can understand the requirements of the customer with automatically generated reports like those results from analytics.
It is important for an organization to adopt RPA solutions to have a better insight into what their primary business goals are. If the available business processes and IT infrastructure are effective, then the business can consider RPA automation as a user-friendly tool to meet their automation objectives. Even if the process, platforms, and applications are outdated, then the RPA can be used to solve the issues. Overall, at this age of digital transformation, robotic process automation is highly required for companies to nurture a healthy working environment.
Our experts at ThoughtStorm can assist your organization to help assess and automate your practices step by step. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit our website www.thoughtstorminc.com to know more!