The word accessibility is simply means the “ability” to “access” but the concept of accessibility is an important one. It’s all about being inclusive and ensuring there are no barriers that prevent interaction with, or access to websites and online applications by people with physical disabilities, situational disabilities, and socio-economic restrictions on bandwidth and speed. The goal of accessibility is to intentionally design products and services that can be available to everyone and can be used by everyone, regardless of disability. When people with disabilities are unable to enter or make their way through a building, whether it’s a business, an office, or a community center, we lose their potential as a valued employee, a loyal customer or an active participant. Even if it’s unintentional, the message they receive is that their needs are different and, for whatever reason, can’t be met. Accessibility is not only the right thing to do but often also brings benefits to all.
The bottom line: Improving access is the right thing to do.
Why Accessibility is Good for Business-
Accessibility goes beyond just meeting the legal requirements and offers additional business benefits.
- Accessible practices will increase your audience & market reach.
- Accessible practices will improve your brand image & reputation
- Accessible practices can give you access to a larger pool of potential customers due to better usability
- Accessible practices can enhance your customer loyalty
- Accessible practices can broaden your access to human resources
- Accessible practices can help to drive innovation within your business
- Accessible practices make your organization employee- friendly and promotes inclusion.
Want your Business to be Accessible?
Our team of experts at thought storm can help to provide solutions for your IT accessibility needs. Whether you need expert advice on designing an accessible solution for testing your solution to ensure compliance, we can help. Contact us at email@example.com and visit www.thoughtstorminc.com to know more.